Latest Bible Prophecy Commentary
Prophecy Alert: Emerging US-Iran interim nuclear deal endangers Israel
It is being reported by intelligence and foreign-policy website Debkafile that the US and Iran are engaged in secret behind-the-scenes talks ahead of the May 23rd Six Powers (P5+1) negotiations with Iran in Baghdad. Although details are not finalized, it is being reported that the final understanding between US and Iran could enable Iran to continue with nuclear weapons technology research with little oversight.
If the US and Iran agree on the stated principles of the plan, an official announcement will be made public shortly thereafter. It was also mentioned in the article that one of Iran's stated goals for the nuclear holdout was to create a rift between the US and its Israeli partnership.
Debkafile sources contend, if this agreement is formally accepted by the Iranians, the US, and the international community, it would make it near impossible for Israel to strike Iran without bringing down world condemnation, sanctions, and further isolation.
Debkafile has obtained exclusive access to the eight-point draft with the caveat that it may not be final; the details remained to be hammered out and proved practicable:
1. Because the US and Iran agree that a real and comprehensive accord for halting Tehranís nuclear program is unobtainable, they are accepting an interim agreement with each party at liberty to interpret its substance and future implementation in its own manner.
Debkafile: This wording allows Obama to assure the American voter and Western public that Tehran has capitulated on its nuclear ambitions while, at the same time, Khamenei portrays America to Iranians and Muslims as having yielded on recognizing Iranís right to develop an independent nuclear program, enrich uranium and continue its drive for a bomb.
2. Iran will suspend uranium enrichment up to the near-weapons grade of 20 percent but not dismantle or stop work at the Fordo underground nuclear plant as Israel demands.
3. Iran will export its stock of 110 kilograms of 20-percent enriched uranium which can be used for producing a weapon. This material will be reprocessed and returned as fuel plates from which it is much more difficult though not impossible to make a bomb.
4. No ceiling will be placed on the production of low-enriched uranium of 3.5-5 percent purity. Debkafile: Washington tacitly grants this concession by leaving it off the record.
5. Iran will sign the Non-Proliferation Accordís additional protocol and so permit the expansion of IAEA on-site inspections.
6. The secret Iranian nuclear sites of which Washington has no explicit knowledge will also be omitted from the record and therefore outside the sphere of international inspection. Debkafile: The guiding principle governing Americaís approach to the eight-point interim accord therefore is, ďDonít know; donít want to see.Ē
7. The US and European Union will dilute sanctions against Iran stage by stage. Debkafile: Here too, dual tactics will be used: The formal embargo on Iranís central bank and its exclusion from the SWIFT international money transfer system will not be formally annulled. However a blind eye will be applied to any small banks in the West executing Iranís international business, just as the sanction-busting measures used by China, Russia, India and Turkey to their trade with Iran, were tolerated.
8. The US and Europe will revoke the oil embargo due to go into effect on July 1, 2012.
Debkafile: While the Obama administration has given its ďagreement-in-principle on the interim deal,Ē the Iranian leader has not yet endorsed it. Hence the Amano mission to Tehran Sunday. If he comes away with a nod from Tehran, Obama will have achieved two key objectives: the world power talks with Iran can proceed through sessions spaced several weeks apart until the November date of the US presidential election, and Israel will be constrained from striking Iran before that date (Debkafile).
Whether or not this report is true is still yet unknown. Certainly, the real winners in this agreement would be the US, Iran, and the international community. With that said, it is looking more and more likely that Israel is about to be blindsided.
Frankly, I look for the US to make an agreement with Iran and to pledge protection to Israel. Of course, when Russia and Iran come calling against Israel (Ezekiel 38 and 39) the US will wipe their hands of the Middle East and Israel will be on their own.
Calvary Prophecy Report
Want to know more about becoming a Christian click here.
If you haven't had a chance to take a look at my book Rapture, Tribulation period, And Beyond! I encourage you to go to my website and explore what this book has to offer. I believe it will give you a clear understanding of the end times and the order in which it may come. Pick up a copy today for yourself or a loved one who does not know the Lord. I know it will be a spiritual blessing to you and will help support this ministry. To order a copy of Rapture, Tribulation period, And Beyond! please click here.