Is This The Last Generation: How Close Are We To The Rapture Of The Church?
Oftentimes, I will have readers ask me why I believe this is the last generation. One thing that I find fascinating is, as far back as 2500 years ago, the Bible predicted many of the prophecies that we are experiencing in this very hour. Many of these prophecies began when Israel once again became a nation (1948). In fact, I believe the Bible is pretty clear, once Israel became a nation, a generation would not pass away before we would see the Second Coming of Christ (Matthew 24:4-34).
I find it fascinating that the Bible would predict, 2500 years in advance, the starting point and the ending point of the last generation. The starting point being the rebirth of Israel and the ending point being the Second Coming of Christ.
Many prophecies that are slated to be a part of this last generation have come to pass. I believe a generation is between 70-80 years as stated in Psalm 90:10. It amazes me that out of the last 2500 years it is within this 70-80 year time span that these prophecies have begun to take shape. Below is a list of the prophecies that have come about within this last generation:
* The re-gathering of the Jews into their homeland (Ezekiel 37:11-13) after
thousands of years of God ordained exile. Another amazing fact, after
thousands of years living in other nations, there Jewish culture has remained
* The rebirth of Israel as a nation in 1948 (Ezekiel 37:10-14; Isaiah 43:5, 6; 66:7-8) in one day. Israel literally became a nation again in one day. Following their declaration of statehood, the next day, five Arab nations attacked Israel. But Israel defeated them and has grown into a major world military power. This prophecy of rebirth essentially kicked off the beginning of the last generation.
* The Arab world will claim they are rightful owners of the land of Israel (Ezekiel 35:5, 10; 36:2, 5). It wasn't until the Jews began migrating back to Palestine in hopes of declaring Israeli statehood that the Arab world laid claim to the land. Before that, it was of no value to them.
* The desert land of Israel will bloom again during this last generation (Luke 21:29-31; Isaiah 41:18-21).
* The city of Jerusalem recaptured by Israel 19 years later in 1967 (Zechariah 8:7-8; 12:3). Jerusalem couldn't be a stumbling block to peace with Israel if it wasn't back in their hands.
* A Middle East peace plan with Israel, where Jerusalem is considered a major stumbling block will develop in the last days (Daniel 9:27; Zechariah 12:3).
* This peace plan with Israel will ultimately have a seven-year time limit (Daniel 9:27). Virtually every Middle East peace plan calls for a timeline for which peace must be established. The splitting of Jerusalem will be the final jewel of the peace accord.
* The ruins of Israel will be rebuilt (Amos 9:11 &13). This has kicked into high gear since Israel became a nation (1948).
* An eastern nation capable of fielding a 200 million man army (Revelation 9:16) will arise during the tribulation period. No nation has ever been able to field an army of this magnitude until this generation.
* The Euphrates River will be dried up to enable a great army to cross (Revelation 16:12). This could not be done until 1990 without the help of modern day technology.
* During this generation, man will obtain the ability to view an event simultaneously all over the world (Revelation 11:9-10). Certainly, this was impossible until satellite technology was invented during this generation.
* Russia, Iran, a host of northern African nations, and the surrounding Islamic world will forge an alliance and attack Israel (Ezekiel 38 & 39). Today, most of these nations (listed in Ezekiel 38) are already in an alliance with each other.
* World leaders will begin talking abut world governance as a necessary evil. This will eventually lead to a one world government led by the Antichrist (Revelation 13). If you are a frequent reader of mine, you know that this is happening as I write. The first significant world body called the United Nations was created in 1945 to encourage global cooperation. Today, they have more power global power than anytime in their history.
* The temple will be rebuilt (Revelation 11:1, 2; Daniel 9:27). This is yet future, but it is a foregone conclusion that various temple organizations, once the okay to rebuild is given, will have it completed within months.
* The Antichrist will rise up out of the New Roman Empire known today as the European Union (Daniel 9:27).
* In the last days, knowledge will increase dramatically (Daniel 12:4). There is no debating the fact that knowledge has increased in leaps and bounds over the last 100 years, but particularly during the last 70-80 years. Medicine and technological discoveries have exploded in this last generation.
* Earthquakes will increase in strength and intensity as we head toward the rapture of the church and the beginning of the tribulation period (Mark 13:8). Just in the last few years we have seen major earthquakes in Chile, Haiti, New Zealand, Indonesia, and Japan that have claimed hundreds of thousands of lives. The years 2000-2010 was named the most deadly and destructive decade for global natural disasters in history and earthquakes claimed the most lives of all the natural disasters. Even secular world news reports acknowledge that we have had an increase in freakish natural disasters over the last ten years.
* In the days unrest among the nations will breakout (Mark 13:8) with troubles. This trouble and unrest is currently spreading throughout the Middle East (April 2, 2011) and is a sign of the nearest of the coming of the Lord.
It is during this narrow block of time that all these prophecies are beginning to or already have come to past. Are we close to the rapture and the start of the tribulation period? I believe we are, but only the Lord knows for sure.
If a Biblical generation is indeed as Psalm 90:10 states, between 70-80 years, we are in the final years of this last generation. Most prophecy experts believe the last generation began in 1948 when Israel became a nation. If we add 70 years (2018) or 80 years (2028) to our proposed starting date and subtract 7 years for the tribulation period we come up with a date between 2011 and 2021. It is also likely that there will be a gap of time between the rapture of the church and the start of the tribulation period.
Are you ready for the rapture of the church? Are you sure you are going when the Lord calls Christians home? There's only one way you will be taken in the rapture and it's the same way you can know that you are going to heaven when you die. You must be born again (John 3:3). Just having knowledge or a belief in God is not enough. You must have a personal relationship with the Lord. That all starts with a complete surrender of your life to the Lord from this day forward. Repent of your sins, believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay your sin penalty, and that He rose again. Trust in the Lord from this day forward and live for Him.
If you have made a decision to follow the Lord please send us an email.
Are you ready to meet the Lord? If not, your time is running out!
To read previous commentaries click here.
Want to know more about becoming a Christian click here.
If you have been left behind, click on this link, print it out and accept Jesus Christ as Lord. It's not too late!
If you haven't had a chance to take a look at my book "Revelation Revealed", I encourage you to go to my website and explore what this book has to offer. I believe it will give you a clear understanding of the end times and the order in which it may come. Pick up a copy today for yourself or a loved one who does not know the Lord. I know it will be a spiritual blessing to you and will help support this ministry. To order a copy of Revelation Revealed please click here.